Soul of Education - How To Deliver Person
Education is in crisis. More and more young people are struggling to engage with a system that lacks personal meaning and relevance, assesses a very narrow set of competencies and does not provide them with thet skills and confidence to thrive in the 21st century.
So What Are We Going To Do About It?
We are collecting solutions and inspiration from some of the world's leading
educators. You can access their wisdom through the films that you find in our library. The collated interviews will become a film that we will share at our launch event in the Autumn.
We will be launching a series of free webinars to explore the Soul of Education and inviting you to attend face to face workshops with expert practitioners.
If you would like to join our community and attend our events, please click here to register your interest.
Details follow of our upcoming Autumn Launch and Learning Event.
Date: TBC, Autumn 2011
Venue: Channel 4, 124 Horseferry Road, London
This CPD accredited Learning Festival, delivered in partnership with Channel 4, provides policy makers, academics, educators and service providers with a space to meet, learn and explore what an education led by the young person, rather than the system, would look and feel like.
Participants will be offered skills based workshops, delivered by cutting edge experts, real educators from real environments sharing “what works”. Discussions, a youth panel and open space will make sure you interact and connect with service providers and peer mentors who are challenging the established norms and creating exceptional results.
This practical, solution focused day will leave you energized, inspired and enabled to put the soul back into education.
Who is attending?
- Policy makers and leading social policy thinkers
- Educators from across the spectrum
- Charities working in education
- Educational leaders
- Innovative teachers and practitioners
- Local Authority commissioners
- Personalised learning providers
- Heads of Care Services
- Senior practitioners
- Meet with practitioners, cutting edge thinkers, commissioners and service providers from across the educational spectrum
- Explore how the alternative education sector and the community sector address personalisation
- Learn new skills and take the opportunity to explore innovative approaches
- Improve your outcomes, results and achievements by underpinning your work with a personalised approach
- Receive CPD accreditation, training and development
- Be inspired by an event designed by experts for experts
- Experience the benefits of a solution focussed approach
- Become part of a community of individuals seeking to transform, improve and enable the Soul of Education.
The Keys to the Kingdom: Themes to be addressed at the event:
- What does person centered learning really mean?
- What IS the Soul of Education and why should we care about it?
- Where is there excellence and best practice and how can I learn from it?
- What is already out there that is working?
- What do I bring that might be of value and benefit to others?
- What skills are required to deliver person centered learning and how can I develop them?
- Who else is struggling with the same challenges as me and how can we work together?
How will Soul of Education help you?
This is a practitioner’s event and we want to ensure that their development and enjoyment are at the heart of the event. We welcome the partnership and participation of select suppliers and vendors who specialise in the delivery of high quality services to schools. Please get in touch with us to discuss these opportunities.
Register your interest or call 01273 724050 for further information.